Hello, all! I’ve got another pictorial for you with the darker shades in the UD Naked 3 palette upon request! Can’t lie, I really enjoy making these.
One of my eyes decided to swell up like a grape overnight (ok, it wasn’t that dramatic, but it was unprovoked!), so I’ve only got one eye for you today. Hope that’s ok 🙂
1. Apply a warm coppery brown base to the lid and blend out. This step is optional if you want to keep the look more cool-toned.
2. With a flat brush, pat Mugshot from the Naked 3 palette (shimmery grey-brown) over most of the lid, leaving the outer and inner parts blank.
3. Brighten up the inner corner with Strange (matte white highlight) and Liar (warm pink-brown).
4. Add Darkside (semi-matte dark grey) to the outer part of the lid and wing it out. Blenddd.
5. Draw a thin line of brown eyeliner across the lower lashline, tapering it in as you go.
6. Apply Darkside over the eyeliner.
7. Add a small amount of Blackheart (matte black with red glitter) to the outer part of the lid and lower lashline. Blend the edges with Nooner and Limit (matte mauves).
8. Draw a thin line of black eyeliner across the upper lashline and wing it out.
9. Add mascara and concealer!
Of course, if you want this to be a wearable evening dinner-type makeup, you probably ought to skip the bright purple lips, but I’ve got nowhere to go, sooo…
♦ Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette
♦ Physicians Formula Eye Booster
♦ Covergirl LashBlast Mascara
♦ OCC Lip Tar: Matte in Rollergirl
♦ NYX Butter Gloss in Raspberry Tart
I feel I should mention that adding the lipgloss on top of the not-quite-dry lip tar produced a jelly consistency that looks a bit streaky in pictures. I’d probably avoid doing this again unless the lip tar was completely dry. Just an FYI 🙂
Anywho, shoot me a comment if you enjoyed this look or if you have any suggestions for future tutorials, I’d love to hear them!
Follow me around! I post a bunch of blog previews and other neat junk.
♦ Instagram @eyehavealotoffeelings
♦ Twitter @olivesfeelings