Heeere’s what I’m doing for Halloween 2013 (hehe it rhymes)! I couldn’t find a minion to take a pic of my whole ensemble, but here’s the makeup and my red feathery hat. It’s obviously pretty dramatic, but it’s Halloween, the perfect time to embrace the inner raccoon in you.
My attempt to show you more of my costume…unsuccessful 😦 I have on a flowy embroidered top with a tiered maroon skirt from Forever 21 that I love a lot (it matches my hat). I also have one of those coin scarves they sell at Renaissance Festivals (purple with gold coins) around my waist. I jingle when I walk! My main concern at this point is temperature…Minnesota isn’t kind to trick-or-treaters.
– Maybelline Color Tattoos in Tough as Taupe (purpley-taupe cream base) and Painted Purple (bright purple)
– Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadow in Frigid (blue-toned purple)
– Lorac Pro Palette: Deep Purple, Nude, Mauve, White, and Black
– Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Black and Nude
– Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Plumalicious
– Super Nail Glitter in Snow Cap
– Maybelline The Falsies Mascara
– Wet ‘n Wild Color Icon Blush in Heather Silk
1. Apply a medium purple base all over the lid and underneath the eye. I used a brighter purple base under the eye, but it’s up to you.
2. With a flat brush, pat a purple eyeshadow over the entire lid.
3. With a smudge brush, apply the same purple underneath the eye and connect it to the upper lid.
4. With the fluffy brush, add a darker purple or black shadow on the outer part of the lid to add dimension.
5. Highlight the center of the lid, the inner corner, and the browbone with a shimmering white or champagne shadow.
5. Blend everything out with a fluffy brush. Use a matte light purple to help blend the edges of the darker purple.
6. Line the upper and lower lashline with black kohl pencil.
7. Line the lower waterline with a nude pencil.
8. Apply a deep red lipstick and pat white glitter on the center of the lips.
9. Apply a lot of pink blush and add glitter to the cheekbones.
10. Mascara mucho and you’re finished!
I’m going to miss creating Halloween looks and looking at all of yours…’til next year, I suppose.